Saturday 1 March 2014

FASHION PROJECT - ALMA BLOUSE IN LACE




 So here it is - my first attempt at the Alma blouse, "on trend" (yes, I am getting used to the lingo), in lace!  The fashion magazines suggest wearing lace tops with either jeans or a pleated skirt. 


While sewing I noticed a starling in the garden for the first time this year - one of the early migrating birds having returned.  I was sitting at my kitchen table with the sun streaming in, a mug of Jasmine tea, and listening to Classic FM, mindfully sewing away.  Bliss!  
 

 

 Shame about the reflections!


I was pleased with my decision to back the blouse with white chiffon (purchased from Minerva crafts)  - it was so lovely and soft, and makes the blouse light and comfortable to wear.  The reverse view also looked pretty and I was half tempted to make the blouse inside out!  Anyway,  the lace is not scratchy, being a cotton lace fabric from Truro fabrics. 

 
I inserted the zip and finished the hems by hand.  I used French seams and finished the neckline was finished with satin bias binding.

I still have some fabric left over, so I may make a simple matching skirt.

One of the pleasures of sewing clothes, is the anticipation of what the finished product is going to look like.  I love to see other peoples interpretations of a pattern, which only goes to show how one simple pattern can have a multitude of variations and can be adapted to seasonal trends.


 
 
 
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment