Monday 20 January 2014

MY FIRST POST

Today is supposed to be "blue Monday".  Not for me. 

I am expecting the arrival of my new sewing machine - hooray!  Oh the excitement of waiting for the doorbell to ring.
I have taken the plunge and started a sewing blog - eek!  I am totally new to the art of blogging, so I will be learning as I go  (but I've got to start somewhere haven't I?). 
 Yo
Since reducing my working hours I have rekindled my love of sewing again and discovered the wonderful world of sewing bloggers.
I am mostly interested in making clothes but will venture into craft projects as well.  Up until now, I have played safe by making mostly dresses and skirts.  However, my mission this year, is to learn new techniques and have a go at making blouses and trousers. 
Here is my little notebook for recording my ideas, bought for me by my daughter while travelling in Thailand.
To give you an idea of what to expect, here are my likes and dislikes :-
LIKES
  • Fabrics with "feel appeal" and are nice to touch
  • Polka dots and spots
  • Pretty little details
  • Clothes that are comfortable like a second skin
  • Silk and silk blends
  • Plants and flowers (I will not be able to resist adding some floral touches to my blog)
DISLIKES
  • Side zips in dresses - I can get into quite a tangle
  • Tight straps that cut into my shoulders
  • Itchy clothes
  • Trousers that sit below my waist
  • Leggings - other than my thermals! 
My goal is to make beautiful clothes that fit well, using nice quality fabrics, and that will inspire others to do the same.   
What are your likes and dislikes?  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment